The Pharmaceutical industry of India ranks third in term of volume. The Pharma business achieved a market of 91.62 billion in the year 2016. Pharmaceutical companies are still growing exponentially. In India, there are top notch pharmaceutical companies that are investing a huge amount to win the battle of disease. The pharmaceutical products range from medical drugs, vaccines, genetic markers, medical equipment’s etc.
Here we are with the list of the largest pharmaceutical companies in India offering a competitive approach in terms of volume and value. These are also the top pharmaceutical companies in India.
1. Sun Pharmaceutical Pvt. Ltd: The Pharmaceutical Company is headquartered in Mumbai and was founded in1981. The focus areas are active Pharmaceuticals Ingredients (APIs) and formulations. The drugs follow a class of neurology, psychiatry, anti-infectives, dental, respiratory gynaecology, dental, dermatology etc. The major medicines encompass to treat chronic and acute diseases.
2. Lupin: The pharmaceutical company is Headquartered in Mumbai and was founded in 1968. The focus areas are branded formulations, generics, novel drug discovery, APIs, and Biotechnology. The drugs follow a class of cardiology, oncology, diabetics, gastroenterology, CNS, asthma and diabetes.
3. Dr.Reddy’s Lab: The Pharmaceutical company is headquartered in Hyderabad and was founded in 1984. The focus is APIs, generic formulation, and active ingredients. They have numerous medication to treat numerous kinds of alignments.
4. Aurobindo Pharma Limited: The Pharmaceutical company is headquartered in Hyderabad and was founded in 1986. The prime areas of drugs are anti-allergic, gastroenterology, antiretrovirals, antibiotics, CNS and cardiology.
5. Cipla: The pharmaceutical company is Headquartered in Mumbai and was founded in 1935. The focus areas are APIs, formulations, and veterinary. The drugs include the class of alignments, arthritis, and diabetes.
6. Cadila Healthcare: The pharmaceutical company is headquartered in Ahmedabad and was founded in 1952. It is a leading manufacturer of generic drugs throughout India. The focus areas are APIs and formulations. The company also make products relating to diagnosis, herbal products, skin care and various OTC products.
7. GlaxoSmith Kline Pharmaceuticals: This is one of the oldest pharmaceutical company in India. The pharmaceutical company is headquartered in Mumbai and was founded in 1925. The company provides an array of vaccines like hepatitis A, hepatitis B, Influenza, Chicken pox, MMR, diphtheria, rotavirus, tetanus, cervical cancer etc. The therapeutic area of drugs in oncology, cardiology, gastroenterology, anti-infective, dermatology, diabetes, and anti-respiratory.
8. Glenmark Pharmaceuticals: The pharmaceutical company headquartered in Mumbai and was founded in 1925. The focus areas are same like other companies APIs, formulations and generic. The drugs belong to the class of diabetes, dermatology, gastroenterology, pediatric, and antibiotics.
9. Divi’s Laboratories: The pharmaceutical company is headquartered in Hyderabad and was founded in 1990. The company was formed with a purpose of R&D in life science. The focus area is APIs, pharmaceutical intermediaries, amino acids, chiral synthesis, and carotenoids.
10.Torrent Pharmaceuticals: The pharmaceutical company is headquartered in Ahmedabad, and was founded in 1959. The therapeutic areas are CNS, cardiology, diabetes, gastroenterology, anti-infectious, respiratory, nephrology and antibiotics.